Chennai sources stated that Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said carrying a red cloth bag instead of the usual leather briefcase to present the Union Budget was an indication that the Narendra modi government does not practice the culture of “exchanging suitcases”. Meanwhile on her maiden visit to Chennai after assuming office, she addressed members of the Nagarathar Chambers of Commerce as part of their International business Conference and she heaped praise on the community for their clean business practices.
Furthermore in her speech, the Finance Minster said her carrying the red cloth bag instead of a leather briefcase for the Budget presentation on July 5 had become big news. She said “It became news that a leather suitcase was not carried. There is nothing in that ... It is an indication. It is a small message. Whenever I think of a suitcase, some other thoughts come up in my mind. Our government does not indulge in a culture of exchanging suitcases”.
When referring to the proposed hike in the surcharge on income tax paid by super-rich individuals, Nirmala Sitharaman said, “india is at a cusp where we want to eliminate poverty. We want to move towards a better india where everybody gets opportunities”. Moreover in her maiden budget speech, she had proposed to hike the surcharge on income tax paid by super-rich individuals.
Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change? Minister of Municipal Administration and Urban Development, Botcha Satyanarayana speaking to the media in Vishakapatnam had hinted about a change in the Capital from Amaravati. This has triggered speculations.
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA