Chennai sources stated that Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman said carrying a red cloth bag instead of the usual leather briefcase to present the Union Budget was an indication that the Narendra modi government does not practice the culture of “exchanging suitcases”. Meanwhile on her maiden visit to Chennai after assuming office, she addressed members of the Nagarathar Chambers of Commerce as part of their International business Conference and she heaped praise on the community for their clean business practices.
Furthermore in her speech, the Finance Minster said her carrying the red cloth bag instead of a leather briefcase for the Budget presentation on July 5 had become big news. She said “It became news that a leather suitcase was not carried. There is nothing in that ... It is an indication. It is a small message. Whenever I think of a suitcase, some other thoughts come up in my mind. Our government does not indulge in a culture of exchanging suitcases”.
When referring to the proposed hike in the surcharge on income tax paid by super-rich individuals, Nirmala Sitharaman said, “india is at a cusp where we want to eliminate poverty. We want to move towards a better india where everybody gets opportunities”. Moreover in her maiden budget speech, she had proposed to hike the surcharge on income tax paid by super-rich individuals.
Pink City Jaipur made an official entry in the list of UNESCO World Heritage According to sources the UNESCO shared the announcement on Twitter. “Just inscribed as @UNESCO #WorldHeritage Site: Jaipur City in Rajasthan, #India. Bravo,” the UN body posted on Saturday. The decision was taken at the 43rd session of the Unesco World Heritage Committee, which is taking place in Azerbaijan from June 20 to July 10.
- IMD predicted light rain in Chennai for next 48 hours
- A drunken man bit a snake into pieces as it attacked him
- Amazon working with Catamaran, to launch its food delivery service in India
- AP CM Jagan plans to attract more investments
- Botsa and Anil Kumar Yadav To Be Removed from Jagan's Cabinet
- Jagan Planning To Have Four Capitals for AP
- Will Housekeeping services be continued in Southern Railway Trains?
- Case Filed on Former Speaker Kodela in Furniture Robbery Case
- Chandrababu's First Delhi Trip After Election Defeat
- Youngsters with smart phones can register themselves as damage assessment volunteers for Kerala flood relief
- Airtel bundled various other offers including subscriptions to OTT platforms
- Why trains cancelled between Bengaluru and Mangaluru and few in Kerala?
- Rathnakar, new representative to AP Govt for North America
- Does Govt force Village Volunteers to give up studies?
- TDP Do Not Need Junior NTR: Balayya's Chinnalludu