New delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra modi has expressed his condolences over the death of former delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit. Meanwhile the three time chief minister was admitted to a private hospital in delhi Saturday morning where she died of cardiac arrest in the afternoon and she was 81.
modi tweeted "Deeply saddened by the demise of Sheila Dikshit Ji. Blessed with a warm and affable personality, she made a noteworthy contribution to delhi's development. Condolences to her family and supporters. Om Shanti”. Furthermore the veteran Congress leader had served as delhi's chief minister for three consecutive terms between 1998 and 2013. She was succeeded by Aam Aadmi Party's Arvind Kejriwal. Perhaps she was credited for delhi's growing infrastructure including roads and flyovers, a less polluted city, better public transport system as well as development on the health and educational fronts.
Moreover Sheila Dikshit, after her stint as delhi chief minister, was sworn in as kerala's Governor in 2014, but resigned in just six months and she had started off as a reluctant politician, and cut her political teeth assisting her father-in-law, a veteran Uttar Pradesh Congress leader Uma shankar Dikshit, who was a minster in indira gandhi's cabinet.
GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network New Delhi sources stated that its chairman Ashutosh Karnatak said on Tuesday that state owned gas utility GAIL India Ltd will invest over Rs 45,000 crore over the next five years to expand the National Gas Grid and city gas distribution network. Karnatak said at the company's annual general meeting of shareholders "At present, your company is expanding the natural gas pipeline network by executing
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- Delhi HC dismissed anticipatory bail plea of P Chidambaram in corruption and money laundering cases
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA