New delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra modi has expressed his condolences over the death of former delhi chief minister Sheila Dikshit. Meanwhile the three time chief minister was admitted to a private hospital in delhi Saturday morning where she died of cardiac arrest in the afternoon and she was 81.
modi tweeted "Deeply saddened by the demise of Sheila Dikshit Ji. Blessed with a warm and affable personality, she made a noteworthy contribution to delhi's development. Condolences to her family and supporters. Om Shanti”. Furthermore the veteran Congress leader had served as delhi's chief minister for three consecutive terms between 1998 and 2013. She was succeeded by Aam Aadmi Party's Arvind Kejriwal. Perhaps she was credited for delhi's growing infrastructure including roads and flyovers, a less polluted city, better public transport system as well as development on the health and educational fronts.
Moreover Sheila Dikshit, after her stint as delhi chief minister, was sworn in as kerala's Governor in 2014, but resigned in just six months and she had started off as a reluctant politician, and cut her political teeth assisting her father-in-law, a veteran Uttar Pradesh Congress leader Uma shankar Dikshit, who was a minster in indira gandhi's cabinet.
Donald Trump once again proposed mediation in Kashmir matter According to sources a day after PM Narendra Modi spoke to Donald Trump for over 30 minutes, the US President has yet again proposed mediation to solve the Kashmir matter. Meanwhile Trump said that he would bring up the Kashmir issue when he meets PM Modi at the G7 Summit later this week. When speaking to reporters at the White House, Donald Trump said, "I will be with Prime Minister
- Bihar police rifles fail during salute to CM!
- Vistara benefited after closure of Jet Airways
- Will Social Media be linked with Aadhaar?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- Delhi HC called P Chidambaram "kingpin i.e. key conspirator" in INX media case
- SBI planning to float an initial public offer for its credit card subsidiary, SBI Cards
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Do Pawan Kalyan has idea of merging Janasena with any other Parties?
- Will Karnataka get additional Rs. 4432 Crore as disaster hit from Centre?
- Hyderabad Metro launches a Train every 4 mins during Peak Hours
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall