According to sources heavy rains, which have lashed kerala for the past three days as the southwest monsoon gained momentum, will persist in the state for the next two days. Meanwhile the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) issued red warning to various districts until Monday. Hence this warning has been issued to the districts where extremely heavy rainfall, up to 204mm in 24 hours, is predicted. Accordingly a red warning has been issued for Idukki and Kasaragod on Sunday and Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad and Kannur on Monday.
Furthermore according to IMD, a red warning is issued to state machineries ‘to take action’. It is the highest level of warning issued by IMD. Meanwhile, an orange warning or ‘be prepared’ has been issued to Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kozhikode and Kannur on Sunday; Idukki and Kasaragod on Monday; Idukki, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod on Tuesday and Kannur and Kasaragod on Wednesday. Heavy rainfall up to 115.5mm in 24 hours is expected in these districts.
Moreover the water level of Chaliyar river, which passes through Malappuram, is increasing and was recorded to be at 22.25 meter as of Saturday.
Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA Accordingly a year after launching its first India store in Hyderabad, IKEA has launched its online store in Mumbai, offering residents across all locations in the city over 7,500, ranging from home furnishing solutions to electronics and more. Meanwhile the online store will offer 1000 products priced below Rs 200. All the prices are the same across India, both in offline store and online. Furthermore deliveries can be arranged to most locations in Mumbai and Navi Mumbai within a lead
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- Kerala Floods wreak havoc as 2 villages buried due to landslides and more than a 100 lives were lost