According to sources heavy rains, which have lashed kerala for the past three days as the southwest monsoon gained momentum, will persist in the state for the next two days. Meanwhile the Indian Meteorological Department (IMD) issued red warning to various districts until Monday. Hence this warning has been issued to the districts where extremely heavy rainfall, up to 204mm in 24 hours, is predicted. Accordingly a red warning has been issued for Idukki and Kasaragod on Sunday and Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad and Kannur on Monday.
Furthermore according to IMD, a red warning is issued to state machineries ‘to take action’. It is the highest level of warning issued by IMD. Meanwhile, an orange warning or ‘be prepared’ has been issued to Kottayam, Ernakulam, Kozhikode and Kannur on Sunday; Idukki and Kasaragod on Monday; Idukki, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Wayanad, Kannur, Kasaragod on Tuesday and Kannur and Kasaragod on Wednesday. Heavy rainfall up to 115.5mm in 24 hours is expected in these districts.
Moreover the water level of Chaliyar river, which passes through Malappuram, is increasing and was recorded to be at 22.25 meter as of Saturday.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai