According to sources the Indian space agency may be sending rockets and satellites to various planets but are also guided by their own superstitions and beliefs, said a retired official of the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO). Meanwhile on the home front, ISRO will not start the countdown for a rocket flight at Rahu Kaalam, said the official not wanting to be quoted. Rahu Kaalam, or the one and a half hours of planet Rahu, is considered inauspicious to start any new work and reports added the launch will be by 2.43 pm.
He explained "In the case of inter-planetary missions, it is not possible to coincide auspicious time with the rocket's launch time. The latter is decided based on the position of the target planet on the day when the spacecraft is expected to enter its orbit. So, the countdown is started on the auspicious time". Furthermore prior to every rocket mission, ISRO officials pray at the famed Lord Venkateswara Temple in Tirumala in Andhra Pradesh and place a replica of the rocket at the god's feet seeking his blessings for a successful flight.
Moreover over the years, some more temples near the Sriharikota rocket port have been added to the list and officials or their juniors will visit those temples and pray for a mission's success. Perhaps pujas, or ceremonies, will be conducted before starting the integration of different stages of a rocket. A former ISRO chief told "It is all individual beliefs. One cannot take chance with god and poison".
First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO According to sources Chandrayaan-2, India’s mission to the moon which successfully entered the lunar orbit on August 20, has sent the first photo of the moon. Meanwhile the photo showed the moon as viewed by the Chandrayaan-2 LI4 Camera on August 21 at 5:03 pm UT (Universal Time).
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation
- P Chidambaram sent to 4 Days CBI custody
- Amazon plans to take on Swiggy & Zomato
- A video showed man calmly walking over to SpiceJet plane and inspect it
- Will there be connectivity between Bengaluru Airport and Suburban Rail?
- Has anyone spotted Prabhas & Anushka these 2 years anywhere?
- Closed door consultations on Kashmir by UN Security Council
- Who is the culprit behind sending Industrial Chemicals to KCR, KTR & others in Hyderabad?
- Paytm looking to increase user engagement on the app