Amaravathi sources stated that after the brouhaha raised by the World Bank's recent decision to withdraw its financial support to the capital development in Amaravati, the top bank on Sunday in a significant decision announced that it would extend a special $1 billion assistance to the State government for development of health, agriculture, energy and disaster management sectors.
Meanwhile in a statement released on Sunday evening, the World Bank said: "As the new government sets its development priorities, we stand ready to provide whatever support the state and the Government of india might request." Furthermore the statement read of the $ 1 billion financial aid, $328 million would be earmarked for Andhra Pradesh's health sector in accordance with an agreement inked with the State government on June 27, 2019.
Moreover as regards its decision to annul the agreement concerning capital development in Amaravati recently, it pointed to the Centre's decision to withdraw its proposal from the bank for the said project. The statement added "On July 15 the Government of india (GoI) withdrew its request to the World Bank for financing the proposed Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project. The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has been informed that the proposed project is no longer under preparation following the government’s decision".
Why trains cancelled between Bengaluru and Mangaluru and few in Kerala? Reportedly Train services connecting Bengaluru with Mangaluru, other parts of coastal Karnataka and parts of Kerala passing through Sakleshpur-Subramanya Road Ghat section, will remain suspended at least till Sunday. Meanwhile trains in these sections were already cancelled for the last two weeks starting from August 10 as unprecedented rainfall in the region triggered multiple landslides which caused damage to the railway tracks.
- Rathnakar, new representative to AP Govt for North America
- TDP Do Not Need Junior NTR: Balayya's Chinnalludu
- PM Modi to Skip Arun Jaitley's Final Rites
- CM Jagan Takes Another Sensational Cost-Cutting Decision
- Jagan To Continue Legal Battle on Polavaram Tenders
- BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Can YSRCP leaders any dare to counter to Kanna?