Amaravathi sources stated that after the brouhaha raised by the World Bank's recent decision to withdraw its financial support to the capital development in Amaravati, the top bank on Sunday in a significant decision announced that it would extend a special $1 billion assistance to the State government for development of health, agriculture, energy and disaster management sectors.
Meanwhile in a statement released on Sunday evening, the World Bank said: "As the new government sets its development priorities, we stand ready to provide whatever support the state and the Government of india might request." Furthermore the statement read of the $ 1 billion financial aid, $328 million would be earmarked for Andhra Pradesh's health sector in accordance with an agreement inked with the State government on June 27, 2019.
Moreover as regards its decision to annul the agreement concerning capital development in Amaravati recently, it pointed to the Centre's decision to withdraw its proposal from the bank for the said project. The statement added "On July 15 the Government of india (GoI) withdrew its request to the World Bank for financing the proposed Amaravati Sustainable Infrastructure and Institutional Development Project. The World Bank’s Board of Executive Directors has been informed that the proposed project is no longer under preparation following the government’s decision".
BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS Former union finance minister Arun Jaitley has passed away today at 12:07 following health issues. The health of former finance minister Arun Jaitley, who had been admitted in AIIMS had deteriorated yesterday. Arun Jaitley had been rushed to All India Institute of Medical Sciences on August 9 following breath issues and he was on life support.
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Vijaya Sai Reddy Complaints to Modi About BJP State Leaders?
- Jagan's New Adviser Draws Controversy
- Tirupati Christian Tickets Controversy Around TDP's Neck Now
- President Trump likely to hear from PM Modi about plans for human rights in Kashmir
- What is the reality behind owning a home in Kashmir valley?
- Do you know where Worlds most unhealthy food from is?
- Jet Airways may go into liquidation