Reportedly in welcome news for the city, Chennai is likely to receive rainfall for three more days after the rainfall it received on Sunday. Meanwhile the showers are expected on account of the cyclonic circulation over south coastal Tamilnadu and neighborhood which persists at 5.8 km above mean sea level. The Regional Meteorological Centre’s forecast for Monday and Tuesday said “The sky condition is likely to be generally cloudy. Light rain is likely to occur in some areas. Maximum and Minimum temperatures are likely to be around 36 and 27 deg Celsius respectively”.
Reportedly heavy rain is likely to occur at isolated places over North Tamilnadu and puducherry area on Monday. The IMD noted “Strong wind convergence in the lower level Westerlies are taking place over kerala & adjoining areas of Karnataka and Tamilnadu at present. This feature is likely to continue for the next 2 days causing widespread rainfall with scattered heavy to very heavy & isolated extremely heavy falls over kerala & Mahe and Coastal Karnataka during the same period".
As per report Monday will likely see heavy rainfall at isolated places over Tamilnadu and puducherry. Apparently rough to very rough sea conditions may also be expected.
Why trains cancelled between Bengaluru and Mangaluru and few in Kerala? Reportedly Train services connecting Bengaluru with Mangaluru, other parts of coastal Karnataka and parts of Kerala passing through Sakleshpur-Subramanya Road Ghat section, will remain suspended at least till Sunday. Meanwhile trains in these sections were already cancelled for the last two weeks starting from August 10 as unprecedented rainfall in the region triggered multiple landslides which caused damage to the railway tracks.
- Rathnakar, new representative to AP Govt for North America
- TDP Do Not Need Junior NTR: Balayya's Chinnalludu
- PM Modi to Skip Arun Jaitley's Final Rites
- CM Jagan Takes Another Sensational Cost-Cutting Decision
- Jagan To Continue Legal Battle on Polavaram Tenders
- BIG BREAKING: Former Union Minister Arun Jaitley passes away at AIIMS
- Air India defaulted on payments to oil retailers to tune of Rs 4,500 Crore
- CTF demands corridor to transport Apples from Kashmir to Jammu
- Trump ready to meditate or do something to resolve Kashmir issue
- Women's workload doubled after floods in Kerala
- Heavy Rain warning issued to AP for next 48 hours
- Nellore to get Aluminum Alloy Development facility
- International outcry prompted Norway and Germany to halt donations to Brazil's Amazon fund
- First look picture of Moon sent by Chandrayaan 2: ISRO
- Can YSRCP leaders any dare to counter to Kanna?