According to sources Vishakhapatnam, the financial capital of Andhra Pradesh, is currently facing a crunch of domestic flights. Airlines have been canceling several of its flights in the last few months, but the pace picked up in the last few weeks. Meanwhile the air passengers of 'Steel City' are shocked to learn about the huge drop in air services.
Reportedly the last few years, Vizag had seen a big jump in air traffic but the airline companies are taking a loss to run their services. Alliance Air, a subsidiary of Air india, has recently stopped its services from Vishakhapatnam after the government failed to fund the airline as part of regional connectivity scheme. Furthermore the airline had to take this decision as the government failed to clear the arrears of Rs 23 Crores.
Moreover on top of it, leading private airline Indigo too has dropped its services from Vizag to Kochi, kolkata and 2 services to Bangalore. Perhaps some passengers have recently complained that IndiGo recently stopped selling tickets to metro cities like delhi, mumbai, Chennai, and hyderabad too. Apparently the Air Travelers Association sees two reasons for this situation in Vizag one being a shortage of air carriers and other is policy followed by the previous government. Hence considering the plight of air travelers, the Parliament member of Steel City wrote to a letter to Union Civil Aviation Minister to take a quick action in this regard.
Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram According to sources coming in support of former Union finance minister P Chidambaram, Congress leader Priyanka Gandhi Vadra on Wednesday slammed the government and alleged that the senior party leader was being "hunted down" for speaking the truth. Priyanka Gandhi Vadra tweeted on Wednesday morning "An extremely qualified and respected member of the Rajya Sabha
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- ED issued a lookout notice against P Chidambaram after failing to locate senior Congress leader
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi