Amaravathi sources stated that the YS jagan government in Andhra Pradesh Monday introduced six Bills in the Assembly, aimed at politically and financially empowering backward and downtrodden communities as well as women. Meanwhile the Chief Minister hailed the proposed legislation, terming them "historic and unprecedented" in the country.
He said after the Bills were introduced amid din created by opposition Telugu Desam Party legislators "By introducing these Bills, we are fulfilling our election-eve promises”. Furthermore a Bill was introduced to provide 50% "horizontal reservation" for women, across all communities, in nominated posts. The BC Welfare Minister said “These legislation were aimed at political upliftment of women and backward communities”.
Moreover two Bills that aim to extend 50 per cent reservation each to women and BC, SC, ST and minority communities in award of government contracts and service contracts on nominated basis were also introduced. Sankaranarayana said "These legislation will enable economic upliftment of these sections. This will ensure social justice and also conforms to the principles of equality of opportunities". Apparently a Bill that relates to constitution of a statutory AP State Commission for Backward Classes (other than SCs and STs), which functions on a permanent basis "in a transparent and objective manner" was introduced.
Donald Trump be addressing Houston rally 'Howdy, Modi' alongside PM Modi on September 22 Reportedly US President Donald Trump will be joining PM Narendra Modi at a mega event in Houston named "Howdy, Modi!". Meanwhile the September 22 event will be the first time a US president and Indian Prime Minister will be addressing a joint rally.
- Kodela's Death Due to Heart Attack or Suicide?
- NASA trying to establish communication with Vikram Lander
- Kodela Siva Prasad Rao passes away!
- Lions found roaming freely in city of Junagadh Gujarat
- Hyderabad cops giving helmet instead of challan
- Which is dead project? Amaravati or Kaleswaram!
- Why Mumbai IT gives notices to Mukesh Ambani's family under Black Money Act?
- Osama Bin Laden's Son's death confirmed by Trump
- Kollywood Actors asks Fans not to keep hoardings during Movie release
- Confederation of All India Traders claims festive sales ban of Amazon & Flipkart
- Aadhaar authentication or physical verification mandatory for new dealers from January 2020
- 3400 illegal hoardings removed in Chennai after the death of Subhashree
- WhatsApp helpline Services soon in Hyderabad Metro
- Kerala's CPI (M) & Congress voiced their opposition against One Language One Nation
- Chennai Metro holds a trial run with 2.5 minutes frequency of trains