According to sources it is not just the giant e-commerce firms that are being investigated by the Competition Commission of india (CCI). The government is staring down on the four top consulting firms, KPMG, PwC, EY and Deloitte. Reportedly the government wants CCI to investigate if the four are engaged in keeping competition at bay and appropriating whatever business there is from india’s top companies. Meanwhile the Big Four, as these four auditing and consultancy firms are referred to, practically straddle india’s corporate scene by handling the auditing assignments of the maximum number out of the top 500 companies.
Apparently almost each one among the Big Four have come under the cosh in recent times. PwC had to sit out for 2 full years after an accounting fraud that was going on for many years was. Currently here is a similar ban on one of the Ernst & Young (EY) firms which is on and will run till 2020. Further the IL&FS issue is coming to haunt both KPMG and Deloitte as the Ministry of Corporate Affairs wants to put a ban on both of them for 5 years and the top consulting firms want to fight this legally.
Moreover the CCI may be nudged by the MCA to undertake the investigation of these four companies on all these issues. Perhaps the investigation if it is carried out will be focused on whether the big four are also indulging in preventing competition from bagging the audit assignments with the top Indian companies.
TDP-YSRCP rivalry is the reason behind SVU Inhumane Attack? Sri Venkateswara University is a famous university in Andhra Pradesh. This is one of the prominent and biggest Universities in Southern India. The University was founded in 1954 by chief minister Tanguturi Prakasam Pantulu and it is named after Lord Venkateswara.
- TDP Senior Leader Likely To Be Arrested?
- CM Jagan Responds To A Letter of A Fourth Class Student
- Has SVUniversity attacked physically handicapped ?
- What actually happened inside Sri Venkateswara University?
- After such an inhumane incident, Is SVU really a good place for Children?
- The credibility of SVU incharge registrar under threat?
- A Physically Challenged Person tormented badly in Sri Venkateswara University?
- Gold Prices falls Rs. 74 at Billion Market
- YSR Congress Still Enjoying Cordial Relations with BJP in Delhi?
- Is Swami Chinmayananad ready for SIT questioning?
- PM Modi makes his visit to US from September 21 to 27
- HC orders for ex-gratia of Rs.5 Lakh to family of Subhashree
- Is Jet Airways insolvency case moving in positive direction?
- Will PM Modi accept suggestions given by Manmohan Singh in reviving economy?
- MK Stalin asks DMK members not to put hoardings after death of Subhashree