Reportedly for tipplers, a trip to puducherry meant good alcohol at cheaper rates. However, according to the latest order from the Puducherry government, Excise Duty (ED) and Additional Excise Duty (AED) on all alcoholic beverages have been hiked. Accordingly the excise duty for cheap and ordinary brands (less than Rs 600 per case) of alcohol has been increased from Rs 93 to Rs 100 per proof liter whereas for medium and premium brands, it has been increased from Rs 110 to Rs 115 per proof liter and proof liter is a measure of how much alcohol a certain alcoholic beverage contains.
Furthermore AED on cheap and ordinary brands has gone up by Rs 2 to Rs 12.50 per quarter bottle, and the same will go up by Rs 10 to Rs 30 for medium and premium brands. Beer rates have gone up from Rs 20 per bulk liter to Rs 25 while ED payable on drought and craft beer made in micro-breweries is Rs 600 per bulk liter. Price of a bottle of beer will also increase by Rs 10 per bottle, reports state. Bulk liter is the quantity of the contents equivalent to 0.219 gallons.
Moreover the excise duty on wine and alcoholic beverages not exceeding 24% alcohol content has been increased from Rs 20 to Rs 25 per bulk liter. The AED rates have been increased to Rs 45 and Rs 124 per bulk liter under five different slabs and the last revision of excise duty was done in 2017, while additional excise duty was done in February this year.
Internet crazy over Viral letter exchanged between US & Turkey Presently the Internet is going crazy over a viral letter that has recently been released by a media outlet and shows the kind of content exchanged between the heads of US and Turkey. Perhaps guess what the letter could be? The letter was written by the US President Donald Trump to the Turkish counterpart Tayyip Erdogan urging him not "to be a tough guy" and "a fool" by advancing Turkey's
- Why didn't RTC Management or Telangana Govt call RTC Employees for talks?
- Muslim parties accused SC appointed mediation panel of leaking proceedings in Ayodhya Case
- BJP confident in winning Maharashtra Assembly Elections with full majority
- BJP made scrapping of Article 370 its main talking point in assembly elections in Haryana & Maharashtra
- PMC Bank came under RBI scanner
- Kerala Cops searches Jolly's friend seen in many photos
- Northeast Monsoon intensified in Tamilnadu
- Will AP Secretaries stop Fake News?
- Telangana's new Liquor Policy received 41,000 applications
- Will TRS predicts Huzurnagar Bye Election Result?
- AIADMK announced candidates for Assembly by-polls
- Nirav Modi remanded to Prison until November 11
- Kamala Harris asked Twitter to suspend Trump's account for attacking lawmakers
- Rajnath Singh hit back at Congress against human rights violations
- African Mona Lisa painting fetched pre-auction estimate of £1.1 million