Chennai sources stated that as Tamilnadu faced one of its worst water crisis this year, Chief Minister K Palaniswami on Thursday appealed to citizens to save rain water, reminding them of the 'grand' rain water harvesting (RWH) scheme ushered in by the late J jayalalitha in 2001. Meanwhile Palaniswami said the rain water harvesting scheme was introduced by the late CM jayalalitha as she placed great importance on the natural resource to meet water requirements.
Furthermore Tamilnadu, especially capital Chennai, experienced one of its worst water crises this summer, with a weak north- east monsoon in 2018 failing to fill up the reservoirs feeding the city. Reportedly tankers have been pressed to quench citizens' thirst, even as rains of late have brought some respite, though all eyes lie on the ensuing northeast monsoon (October-December) that brings the bulk of rainfall to the state.
Moreover the RWH scheme was launched by Jayalalitha as chief minister in the year 2001 following a similar dry patch then wherein she made it mandatory for homes and other buildings to set up the necessary infrastructure for rainwater collected on building tops to be let into the soil directly, in order to recharge groundwater and the aim then was to enhance both the quality and quantity of the groundwater.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps