Accordingly embattled liquor tycoon vijay Mallya, whose social media interventions against the Indian government are a regular occurrence, took to twitter once again to repeat his 100% loan payback offer to the public sector banks in india. Meanwhile the 63 year old former Kingfisher Airlines boss, fighting extradition to india in relation of fraud and money laundering allegations arising out of the debt acquired from the banks, quoted finance minister Nirmala Sitharaman's Lok Sabha statement from last week in his latest offer.
Mallya said "business failures in this country should not be tabooed, or looked down. On the contrary, we should give an honorable exit or resolution to the problem in letter and spirit of the IBC". He said "In this spirit please accept my 100 per cent settlement offer”. Furthermore in the wake of the death of Cafe Coffee Day founder V G Siddhartha, Sitharaman made the statement while responding to the debate on the amendments to the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC) in the Lok Sabha last Thursday.
Moreover Mallya had previously taken to Twitter to draw parallels between his situation and that of Siddhartha, who had purportedly written a suicide note that pointed to harassment by the Income Tax Department before his body was found near a river on the outskirts of Mangalore.
Chiranjeevi and Jagan's Bonhomie Surprises Everyone Megastar Chiranjeevi along with his wife Surekha Konidela met Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister YS Jagan Mohan Reddy at the Chief Minister's official residence in Tadepalli on Monday as a courtesy call on Monday. This is the first time that the Chiranjeevi met him after YS Jagan took charge.
- Jagan Increases Rythu Bharosa Amount in the Last Minute
- Indian-American Abhijit Banerjee Selected for Nobel Prize
- India slowed considerably from go-go-years before financial crisis: Raghuram Rajan
- Jagan discussed conditions on Ghanta with Chiru!
- BJP not yet projected any chief ministerial face for upcoming Assembly polls in Delhi
- Congress Leader Rahul Gandhi campaigns for the party in Haryana today
- Investigations going on in sensational Jolly Joseph serial murders case
- North East Monsoon likely be begin in Tamilnadu from October 17
- PM Modi dared Rahul Gandhi on abrogation of Article 370
- BJP may face tough time in Thanesar seat as Ex- INLD chief joined Congress
- Mobile Phone services to be restored from October 14 at Kashmir
- Will TSRTC Bus services be restored by October 21?
- PM Modi took to Twitter to answer what he was carrying while plogging at Mamallapuram beach
- Bangladesh and Nepal are estimated to grow faster than India in 2019: WB
- PM Modi's translator for Chinese President was 2007 batch IFS from Chennai