According to sources a ship caught fire on Monday off visakhapatnam following a loud explosion, forcing the crew to jump into the waters to save themselves. Meanwhile the fire broke out on the Offshore Support Vessel Coastal Jaguar at around 11:30 am. Furthermore visuals from of the incident showed a raging fireball on the ship and thick black smoke billowing towards the sky.
Meanwhile the Indian Coast Guard Ship rani Rashmoni, which was in the area, was diverted for rescue operations and the visuals of the rescue showed ICGS rani Rashmoni's crew throwing over lifebuoys to the crew swimming in the water. Apparently 28 of the 29 crew members of the ship that caught fire were rescued. Further operations were on to rescue the one missing crew member as of last updating this report. Reportedly Indian Coast Guard Ships Samudra Paheredar and C-432 and a helicopter were also pressed into service for the rescue operations. According to a spokesperson of Eastern Naval Command, crew of offshore support vessel Coastal Jaguar had to abandon their vessel and jump into water to save themselves from the fire which engulfed the vessel.
He said "There was reportedly a loud explosion onboard Coastal Jaguar that was followed by thick smoke emanating from the vessel'. Moreover ICGS Rani Rashmoni which was in area was diverted to coordinate the rescue operation. rani Rashmoni in coordination with visakhapatnam Port Trust (VPT) boats rescued the distressed crew.
Did YSRCP Government failed to prove insider-trading allegations in Amravati? One of the major allegations made by YSRCP before 2019 election on TDP is Insider Trading in Amravati Capital Region. YSRCP leaders have committed on same even after they came into power in 2019 elections.
- US President Donald Trump's daughter Tiffany celebrated her 26th birthday
- How the Babri masjid action committee come into existence
- Recruitment drive for a Territorial Army Battalion in Srinagar received overwhelming response
- SMS gets banned after restoration of mobile service in the valley
- Prince William and Kate rides in a Rickshaw in Pakistan
- Differences between manifestos of BJP and Shiv Sena
- Kapil Sibal said PM Modi should "attend to work" and have less "photo ops"
- Why RBI did not print single Rs.2000 note this financial year?
- Will India adopt 5G by 2025?
- Congress leader make derogatory remark compared roads with Hema Malini cheeks
- Is TN State Govt owned Milk Cooperative Aavin is under scam?
- P Chidambaram is under interrogation in Tihar Jail today
- BSNL Chairman assures Salary before Diwali
- BJP released its manifesto for upcoming Maharashtra polls
- PM Modi accused opposition parties of politicizing the issue of Article 370