Reportedly from the US and uae to Karnataka and Tamilnadu, the world came together to help the lakhs of people displaced by the massive floods in kerala in 2018. Meanwhile from clothes and food to money, the relief and rehabilitation efforts received commendable support. Accordingly a year later, kerala is in the midst of the same situation, with heavy rain falls, flooding and landslides destroying homes and claiming lives and unlike last year, the relief efforts in the state have not been receiving much impetus so far.
Furthermore more than two lakh people in kerala have been accommodated across 1,600 relief camps in the state. In northern districts such as Wayanad, Malappuram, Kozhikode, Kasaragod and Kannur have been facing the fury of rains in the form of cataclysmic landslides. Meanwhile locals and rescue teams have been tirelessly engaged in the search and rescue operations, the relief materials collection centers across the state, especially in Ernakulam and Thiruvananthapuram, are unfortunately not.
Moreover kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan spoke firmly against any propaganda aimed at discouraging people from contributing to the CM’s relief fund. The CM said “The propaganda that the Chief Minister’s Disaster Relief Fund (CMDRF) has been spent for other purposes is wrong. Circulating wrong messages has affected the rescue operations and discouraged people from taking appropriate decisions. A combined effort is needed to prevent rumors and fake news through social media”.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps