Washington sources reported that a top Indian diplomat said US President Donald Trump has made it clear that his offer of mediation on Kashmir is "not on the table anymore". Meanwhile Harsh Vardhan Shringla, india's Ambassador to the US, said that America's decade’s old policy on Kashmir has been no mediation but to encourage india and pakistan to resolve their differences bilaterally.
Mr Shringla said in an interview to US based news channel "President Trump has made it very clear that his offer to mediate on Jammu and Kashmir is dependent on both india and pakistan accepting it. Since india has not accepted the offer of mediation, he has made it clear that this is not on the table anymore". Earlier on July 22, during his joint media appearance with pakistan Prime Minister imran khan at the White House, President Trump stunned india by saying that PM Narendra modi sought his “Mediate/arbitration” on Kashmir issue.
Moreover a week later, President Trump said he would "certainly intervene" between india and pakistan on Kashmir if they wanted him to. He said it was up to india and pakistan to resolve the Kashmir issue but he was ready to assist if the two south Asian neighbors wanted him to help in resolving the issue. Perhaps india made it clear to America that any discussion on the issue, if at all warranted, will only be with pakistan and only bilaterally.
Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday granted two more weeks' time to the CBI to complete the ongoing investigation in a road accident case in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer have sustained critical injuries.
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River