Reportedly the Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) said on Tuesday domestic passenger vehicle sales fell 30.9% in July, marking a ninth straight decline in monthly sales amid a deepening crisis in the automobile sector that has triggered massive job losses. Previously in July 2019, total passenger car sales were 200,790 as compared to 290,930 in July 2018. Meanwhile two-wheeler sales were down by 16.82% to 1,511,692 as compared to 1,817,406 in the same month of last year.
Furthermore commercial vehicle (including medium, heavy and light commercial vehicle) sales plunged by 25.71% with 56,866 vehicles being sold in July 2019 as compared to 76,545 in July 2018. Further three-wheeler sales were down by 7.66% with 55,719 units being sold in July this year as compared to 60,341 sold in the same month last year. Apparently total vehicles sales were 1,825,148 as compared to 2,245,223 units sold in July last year.
Recently the auto industry has witnessed 2.15 lakh job losses due to the slowdown, where nearly 300 dealership outlets have vanished, resulting in two lakh people losing jobs. SIAM said “Another 15,000 job losses have been reported by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs)”. Perhaps 10 lakh jobs are under threat in vendors or component manufacturing segment of the auto sector due to tight liquidity conditions and poor consumer sentiment.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps