Accordingly in Odisha's Kusumita village, the sight of wooden platforms atop trees has nothing to do with recreation or 'being one with nature', it's actually the only option for villagers to escape the menace of elephants. As per report, one man from the village has been forced to live in a tree house with his son after his home was damaged by wild elephants three days ago.
Reportedly "Three days back, wild elephants destroyed my home. My son and I are living atop a tree on a temporary house to save our lives from the wild elephants as they frequently come here. A herd of wild elephants has been giving us sleepless nights". Furthermore according to Keonjhar Forest officials, the wooden platform serves as safe option because they can neither climb nor uproot trees. Further reports state that a herd comprising 10 elephants has been roaming the locality, creating ruckus and giving the locals sleepless nights and the man living atop the tree has allegedly requested the state government to provide him a house as compensation.
Sadar Range officer, Sushanta Kumar Pradhan said "We are trying our best to compensate him, paperwork has been done. We also talked to him and made him understand. He has now returned to the village. A squad has been formed by the forest department to track the movement of elephants".
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead