Reportedly when IKEA unveiled its Indian store in hyderabad on Aug. 9, 2018, the southern Indian city gave it a roaring welcome. Meanwhile in the first week of its launch, the Swedish furniture giant saw an average of 28,000 visitors per day. On some days during the first week, there were two hour long queues just to enter the store, and a long winding traffic jams outside.
Furthermore it was so chaotic that the company almost dissuaded shoppers by sometimes using a live ticker showing the estimated waiting time to enter and a year on, 4 million shoppers have visited IKEA’s hyderabad store, according to the company. Furthermore enthused by the response, IKEA is now all geared up to launch in mumbai, delhi, and Bengaluru, having picked up a few lessons through its first year.
Moreover the store’s performance at hyderabad has been in line with our expectations and be it metrics like the number of visitors or conversions at the store in terms of visitors making a purchase, the numbers have been encouraging and as per our expectations and we are very much focused on the physical expansion of our stores in hyderabad, mumbai, and other markets. We will be in mumbai very soon. This will be followed by the launch of small-format stores in Bengaluru and delhi. Within the next two years, we will be present in the top four cities.
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead