Reportedly when IKEA unveiled its Indian store in hyderabad on Aug. 9, 2018, the southern Indian city gave it a roaring welcome. Meanwhile in the first week of its launch, the Swedish furniture giant saw an average of 28,000 visitors per day. On some days during the first week, there were two hour long queues just to enter the store, and a long winding traffic jams outside.
Furthermore it was so chaotic that the company almost dissuaded shoppers by sometimes using a live ticker showing the estimated waiting time to enter and a year on, 4 million shoppers have visited IKEA’s hyderabad store, according to the company. Furthermore enthused by the response, IKEA is now all geared up to launch in mumbai, delhi, and Bengaluru, having picked up a few lessons through its first year.
Moreover the store’s performance at hyderabad has been in line with our expectations and be it metrics like the number of visitors or conversions at the store in terms of visitors making a purchase, the numbers have been encouraging and as per our expectations and we are very much focused on the physical expansion of our stores in hyderabad, mumbai, and other markets. We will be in mumbai very soon. This will be followed by the launch of small-format stores in Bengaluru and delhi. Within the next two years, we will be present in the top four cities.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps