Reportedly PM Narendra modi hit out strongly at Kashmiri political leaders a week after the Centre abrogated Article 370 and divided Jammu and Kashmir into two Union territories. He accused the leaders of not wanting the democratization of Jammu and Kashmir as it would hurt their vested interests.
When speaking with news agency PM modi said, "Those who ruled Kashmir thinking it is their divine right to do so will dislike democratization and peddle incorrect narratives. They do not want a self-made, younger leadership to emerge." Furthermore PM modi said that Article 370 had shielded local polity from any sort of accountability. He said that the abrogation of the provision will only allow for greater democracy in Jammu and Kashmir. "Apparently Article 370 has helped the local political class avoid transparency and accountability.
Moreover the prime minister added that the people of Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh were with the government in its decision to change the status of Jammu and Kashmir. He said that only certain people were against the move. "Please see the list of people who have opposed the decisions about Kashmir the usual vested interest groups, political dynasties, those who sympathize with terror and some friends in the Opposition and the people of india, irrespective of what their political preference, have supported the steps taken in Jammu, Kashmir and Ladakh. Perhaps this is about the nation, not politics. The people of india are seeing that tough but essential decisions that were earlier assumed to be impossible are becoming a reality”.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps