Reportedly india's Chandrayaan-2 satellite is set to move towards the moon after leaving the earth's orbit, with the Indian Space Research Organization (ISRO) planning to carry out a crucial manoeuvre early on Wednesday. Meanwhile the Bengaluru headquartered space agency has said it will carry out the manoeuvre called Trans Lunar Insertion (TLI) between 03:00 and 04:00 hrs (IST).
According to the ISRO “The Chandrayaan 2 spacecraft is expected to reach the moon's orbit on August 20 and land on the lunar surface on September 7”. ISRO Chairman K Sivan said "At around 3.30 am on August 14, we are going to have a manoeuvre called trans-lunar injection. By this manoeuvre, the Chandrayaan-2 will leave the earth and move towards the moon and on August 20, we will be reaching the moon”.
When stating that Chandrayaan 2 will be around the moon on August 20, he said, "Subsequently, we have planned to have a series of manoeuvres around the moon and finally, on September 7, we will be landing on the moon near its south pole." Perhaps after leaving the earth's orbit and on entering the moon's sphere of influence, the onboard propulsion system of Chandrayaan-2 will be fired to slow down the spacecraft, which will enable it to be captured into a preliminary orbit around the moon and the lander will separate from the orbiter and enter into a 100kmx30km orbit around the moon, and then, it will perform a series of "complex braking" manoeuvres to soft land in the south polar region of the moon on September 7.
Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday granted two more weeks' time to the CBI to complete the ongoing investigation in a road accident case in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer have sustained critical injuries.
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt