Chennai sources stated that Tamilnadu Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami called P chidambaram ‘a burden to earth’ on Tuesday. Meanwhile he made this comment in response to chidambaram’s jibe at the AIADMK government. The Chief Minister said “For how long has chidambaram been a Union Minister. What has he done for the country? He is just burden to earth”. When speaking to reporters at Mettur, Salem on Tuesday as the sluice gates of the Stanley Reservoir across river Cauvery was opened.
Further after slamming P chidambaram for being 'selfish' during his tenure as the Union Finance Minister, Edappadi Palaniswami questioned what chidambaram had done for Tamilnadu despite having been a central minister. Palaniswami questioned “What scheme has he brought and implemented (in Tamilnadu)? He was finance minister for many years, did he even give the required funds? Or did he set up new industries? Did he at least solve the Cauvery water dispute or Mullaiperiyar dam issue or the Palar issue? What problem has he solved?”.
Moreover P chidambaram’s son and Sivagangai MP Karti chidambaram condemned the CM's statement and said that this was not the way a Chief Minister ought to speak. He questioned “Is that something a Chief Minister should say? Can someone, who became the Chief Minister by a historical accident, use these words at a person who has given budget speech nine times in the Parliament and has got the honor of being the best finance minister in Asia?”.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps