Reportedly the kerala government will provide a compensation amount of Rs 4 lakh to families who have lost 70% to 100% of their homes and Rs 10 lakh to families who have lost both their homes and their land in the heavy rains and landslides that have hit the state. When announcing this at a press meet, Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan stated that as of 9 am on Wednesday, 1,89,567 people belonging to 58,107 families have been rehabilitated into 1,118 relief camps across the state and the death toll in the state due to the calamity has touched 95.
Furthermore Pinarayi Vijayan was speaking after a state cabinet meeting in which the government had discussed the various measures to be taken in order to help the families affected due to the disaster. The CM said “This disaster has hit us at a time when the state was still rebuilding from last year’s deluge,” adding that the state government has come up with measures to ensure that emergency relief is provided to all the affected families at the earliest.
Moreover the CM also said that the cause of most of the deaths this year was due to landslides, which according to him were more in number than in August 2018. He added “A total of 64 landslides have been reported this year and rescue attempts are still going on in several areas of Wayanad and Malappuram”. Earlier on Tuesday, the CM had visited the landslide affected areas of Wayanad and Malappuram and assured people living in the relief camps that the state would stand united and survive the floods like it did in 2018.
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead