New delhi sources stated that Shah Faesal, the Kashmiri IAS topper who quit the civil services for politics, was detained at the delhi airport on Wednesday, reportedly when he was about to fly abroad. Meanwhile he was sent back to srinagar, where he was placed under house arrest under the Public Safety Act and reports suggest he was on his way to Istanbul.
Furthermore Shah Faesal had been sharply critical on social media about the government's move to end special status to Jammu and Kashmir and split it into two union territories. Apparently yesterday, he warned on Twitter that Kashmir "needed a non-violent political mass movement" for restoration of political rights. The 35 year old tweeted "Kashmir will need a long, sustained, non-violent political mass movement for restoration of the political rights. Abolition of Article 370 has finished the mainstream. Constitutionalists are gone. So you can either be a stooge or a separatist now. No shades of grey”.
Reportedly Mr Faesal is the latest Jammu and Kashmir politician to be placed under house arrest and as part of a huge security clampdown to prevent any major backlash following the government's Kashmir decisions. Phone and internet services are still down in the Kashmir Valley and curfew-like restrictions are in place.
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead