According to sources multi-layered security arrangements are in place for the 73rd Independence Day celebrations at the Red Fort, from where Prime Minister Narendra modi will address the nation on August 15. Meanwhile in view of the Centre abrogating the constitutional provisions that accorded a special status to Jammu and Kashmir and amid tensions with pakistan, security has been tightened across the national capital and the neighboring border areas.
Furthermore the multi-layered security ring, including National Security Guard (NSG) snipers, elite special weapons and tactics (SWAT) commandos and kite catchers, will be placed around the Red Fort. Reportedly special deployments have been made by the Special Protection Group (SPG) and different components of the Army and paramilitary forces, along with around 20,000 delhi Police personnel, including those from the traffic wing. Further for the first time, delhi Police will be using cameras equipped with facial recognition software to identify suspects around the Red Fort and the adjoining areas.
Moreover there will be elaborate traffic arrangements with the optimal deployment of staff and signage for public convenience. Apparently a watch is being kept with the installation of around 500 CCTV cameras in and around the Red Fort, which will see the presence of senior ministers, top bureaucrats, foreign dignitaries, and common people during the prime minister's address. Perhaps apart from securing the main venue at the Red Fort, adequate security arrangements for the "At Home" function at the Rashtrapati Bhawan have also been made. Moreover all metro stations will remain open on Independence Day but parking at the stations will be closed from 6 am on August 14 till 2 pm on August 15.
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead