New delhi sources made a statement that delhi Transport Corporation (DTC) will provide free rides to lady passengers on August 15 on the occasion of Raksha Bandhan. Meanwhile the facility will be made available in both AC and non-AC buses. Furthermore two and a half months back delhi Chief Minister arvind kejriwal had proposed free ride for women in all DTC buses, cluster buses and delhi Metro trains.
Meanwhile Kejriwal said while addressing a press conference on June 3 “On all DTC buses, cluster buses and metro trains women will be allowed to travel free of cost so that they have safe travel experience and can access modes of transport which they were not able to, due to high prices”.
Moreover Union Minister for Housing and Urban Affairs Hardeep Singh Puri on June 27 said in the Lok Sabha that it had not received any proposal on delhi government’s plans to provide a free ride for women commuters in delhi metro.
Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia Zakir Naik was interrogated by the police for his remarks against Malaysian Hindus and now he has been banned from giving public speeches and Islamic preachings anywhere in Malaysia. The Malaysian Police who interrogated and questioned him revealed that the decision was taken in the interest of National security.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead