New delhi sources reported that in his first Independence Day address after returning to power with a bigger mandate, Prime Minister Narendra modi on Thursday announced creation of the post of Chief of Defense Staff to spearhead the three services, called for measures to check "population explosion" and gave a fresh push to the idea of 'one nation, one election'.
When addressing the nation from the ramparts of Red Fort, modi pitched abrogation of Article 370 as a step towards 'one nation, one Constitution', saying a new approach was needed as the special provision for Jammu and Kashmir failed to yield desired results in 70 years. Furthermore his nearly 95 minute long address was marked by a host of significant announcements as the prime minister said his government in the second term will work towards fulfilling the people's aspirations and dreams after meeting their needs in the last five years.
Moreover modi also touched upon a host of other issues including tackling terrorism, corruption, poverty, environment and ease of living. Furthermore modi also announced roll out of 'Jal Jivan' mission to provide piped drinking water to all households and said his government will spend Rs 3.5 lakh crore for it and also donning a colorful safa, the prime minister referred to BJP's big win in the general election and said his government's return to power showed as to how despair had given way to hope with people believing that the country can change for the better after seeing his dispensation's first five years of work. Perhaps modi said his government will invest a massive Rs 100 lakh crore on developing modern infrastructure that will aid in nearly doubling the size of the Indian economy to USD 5 trillion in the next five years.
Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival Hyderabad sources reported that Hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
- What did Saudi Crown Prince spoke to Imran Khan about Kashmir issue?
- Priyanka Gandhi speaks up in support of Chidambaram
- Vietnamese Bikini Airline comes to India from December - Ticket prices from Rs.9
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- Chidambaram's anticipatory bail to be reviewed by SC on Friday
- School prank turned tragic in AP
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps