Reportedly Reserve Bank of india (RBI) has issued orders clarifying that transactions which fail on account of technical reasons like hardware, software, communication issues, and non-availability of currency notes in the ATM, etc, shall not be counted as valid transactions for the customer and no charge shall be levied for the same. The RBI in a statement said “It has come to our notice that transactions that have failed due to technical reasons, non-availability of currency in ATMs, etc, are also included in the number of free ATM transactions”.
Furthermore the statement added "It is hereby clarified that transactions which fail on account of technical reasons like hardware, software, communication issues; non-availability of currency notes in the ATM; and other declines ascribable directly / wholly to the bank/service provider; invalid PIN/validations; etc, shall not be counted as valid ATM transactions for the customer. Consequently, no charges, therefore, shall be levied”.
Moreover the orders have also been issued to all scheduled commercial banks including regional rural banks, urban co-operative banks, state co-operative banks, district central co-operative banks, small finance banks, payment banks, white-label ATM operators. The statement added "Non-cash withdrawal transactions [such as balance enquiry, cheque book request, payment of taxes, funds transfer, etc], which constitute 'on-us' transactions [ie, when a card is used at an ATM of the bank which has issued the card] shall also not be part of the number of free ATM transactions”.
School prank turned tragic in AP Reportedly a prank by some students in a school in Andhra Pradesh to bully a Class 1 student, led to his tragic death, as he was locked up in a toilet for several hours. Meanwhile as per report the incident had taken place on August 17 at a government school in Punganur in the state's Chittoor district. Furthermore the boy was identified as 6 year old Harshavardhan.
- Usha Financial Services accelerating 25 fintechs in India to boost digital lending
- SC Judge refers Chidambaram case to CJI - No relief to Chidambaram!
- Why Pawan investing Crores in a Bungalow than on something?
- Kerala Doctors warns people of Fungal Infections after floods
- Facebook and Twitter shuts state backed Chinese accounts
- Chidambaram faces prosecution on Indrani and Peter Statements
- Ola hits milestone of 10,000 destinations last weekend with an interesting customer report
- GAIL plans for expansion of Pipelines & City Gas Network
- 1,000 Indian restaurants decided to pull out of membership and restaurant reservation apps
- 150 First Year Students forced to shave heads under the name of ragging
- Yamuna River breaches danger mark in Delhi
- P Chidambaram moves to Supreme Court after Bail gets rejected - CBI fails to mention provision of law says Chidambaram's Lawyer
- Why Trump had telephonic conversation between Modi & Imran Khan?
- ISRO made a spectacular achievement in its Moon Mission
- Indefinite strike from August 21 by TN Private Water Tankers Association