According to a statement by the Bangalore International Airport, the operator of Kempegowda International Airport, the suburban rail on this route may be ready by as soon as the year end. Meanwhile the introduction of suburban rail services will help hundreds of workers employed at the airport to travel long distances, and cost-sensitive passengers to commute to the airport as well.
Presently those relying on public transport to go the airport from Bengaluru have to avail cabs or BMTC airport shuttles that cost a minimum of Rs 150 from Hebbal to Rs 320 from Chandapura in Electronic City and cab rides from the city can cost more than Rs 900. Furthermore in a statement, BIAL said that it wants to utilize the existing Chikkaballapur-Yelahanka railway line that passes through the north-west boundary of the airport compound to start the initial round of services by building a railway station. The airport management said “BIAL intends to make use of this existing infrastructure by constructing a station that would cater to the travel needs of people. The proposed station will be a Halt Station with all basic passenger amenities”.
Moreover a route for the metro connectivity to the airport is yet to be approved by Centre after a round of changes to the existing plan and given the history of delays and hiccups in the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited’s (BMRCL) execution, many are skeptical about metro connectivity to the airport becoming a reality any time soon.
Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK? Reportedly weeks after speculation that she had quit politics, J Deepa, the niece of late Chief Minister J Jayalalitha has announced that the MGR Amma Deepa Peravai that she founded will merge with the AIADMK. Meanwhile she told the media that this was a decision that was taken after consultation with party cadre and was partially due to her ill-health.
- Zomato partnered with FarEye, fastest growing digital logistics companies
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- Donald Trump said his administration was "doing very well with China"
- Zakir Naik banned from Preaching Islam in Malaysia
- Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt