According to a statement by the Bangalore International Airport, the operator of Kempegowda International Airport, the suburban rail on this route may be ready by as soon as the year end. Meanwhile the introduction of suburban rail services will help hundreds of workers employed at the airport to travel long distances, and cost-sensitive passengers to commute to the airport as well.
Presently those relying on public transport to go the airport from Bengaluru have to avail cabs or BMTC airport shuttles that cost a minimum of Rs 150 from Hebbal to Rs 320 from Chandapura in Electronic City and cab rides from the city can cost more than Rs 900. Furthermore in a statement, BIAL said that it wants to utilize the existing Chikkaballapur-Yelahanka railway line that passes through the north-west boundary of the airport compound to start the initial round of services by building a railway station. The airport management said “BIAL intends to make use of this existing infrastructure by constructing a station that would cater to the travel needs of people. The proposed station will be a Halt Station with all basic passenger amenities”.
Moreover a route for the metro connectivity to the airport is yet to be approved by Centre after a round of changes to the existing plan and given the history of delays and hiccups in the Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited’s (BMRCL) execution, many are skeptical about metro connectivity to the airport becoming a reality any time soon.
Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax AIMIM (All India Majlis ittehadul muslemeen), supremo has slammed center for slashing corporate taxes, he termed this as ‘rob the poor reward the rich. AIMIM leader and Hyderabad MP have severely criticized the center’s decision of cutting down the corporate taxes, he said that, whether it is for people or big corporate houses, who are desperate for relief in global economic crisis. He reiterated that the common man should be offloaded with high taxes and services rather than corporate.
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video
- US President Trump to deliver 30 minutes speech at Houston
- Mexico downgraded to a tropical storm & regained hurricane strength
- Indian origin boy with rare medical condition to sing National Anthem at Howdy Modi
- Striking similarity between accession of Texas to US & Jammu and Kashmir's merger with India
- Financial Problems Pushed Kodela To Suicide
- Vijay Sai Reddy statement confirms paper leakage!
- Chandrababu's House To Be Demolished Along with Four Other Buildings
- Onion price shot up from Rs 20-40 per kg to Rs 22.50-50 per kg