Chief Ministers of both the Telugu states - kcr and YS jagan have come up with a river-linking project idea. The proposed river linking project will enable Telangana and Andhra Pradesh to make ample use of about 3000 thousand million cubics (tmc) waters. Both the States have agreed in principle to share the Project Expense Equally.
Interestingly, Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister, YS jagan Mohan Reddy dashed a letter to the Union Water Resources Minister Gajendra Singh Shekhawat asking the Centre to make speedy financial assistance for the project. YSR Congress MP Vijayasai Reddy handed over the letter to the union minister and sought his support to mitigate the decade-long drought problem in Nellore, Prakasham and Rayalaseema districts.
It has to be seen what the Central Government does about it. It will all boil down to the Political Decision of the BJP. The Saffron Party is likely to oppose this project, sources tell us. Moreover, kcr and jagan will get a good name at the expense of the Central Government Money, if the project is a success
Two weeks extended to CBI to investigate Unnao Accident probe by SC New Delhi sources stated that the Supreme Court on Monday granted two more weeks' time to the CBI to complete the ongoing investigation in a road accident case in which the Unnao rape survivor and her lawyer have sustained critical injuries.
- Hyderabad Police Commissioner plans for Celebration of Ganesh Chathurthi festival
- KTR angry on BJPs work ethics
- Mumbai will soon see a Multichannel offer through IKEA
- Botcha Satyanarayana Hints At Capital Change?
- Distress Sale Begins in Amaravati With Jagan's Silence
- AP Government Fires on TDP Social Media Bad Propaganda
- Why Jayalalitha's Niece wants her party to merge with AIADMK?
- 75th Birth Anniversary of Rajiv Gandhi celebrated at his Memorial today
- Priyanka Gandhi lashes out Modi Government
- Rahul Gandhi remembered Rajiv Gandhi's Achievement in IT & Telecom industry
- Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims
- A Make or Break Operation for Chandraayan 2
- Heavy rains lashed northern parts, leaving at least 28 people dead
- IAF helicopter rescued two men stranded on a pier of a bridge being constructed over Tawi River
- Hike in price of Aavin Milk by Tamilnadu Govt