As per report several villages on the banks of krishna river were evacuated after an alert was sounded in the krishna district of Andhra Pradesh as 8 lakh cusecs of water was released from the Prakasam barrage. Meanwhile the water, which was released early on Thursday, submerged several low lying areas in the district and relief efforts are ongoing.
Accordingly those in the immediate low lying areas were evacuated two days prior and on Thursday, district officials and the police went to low-lying areas across mandals and alerted people about possible inundation and people were told to move to higher ground for safety. Furthermore residents of rani Gari Thota, Geeta Nagar, Balaji Nagar, Yanamalakuduru and Ramalingeswara Nagar on the banks of river krishna were moved to rehabilitation centres as a precautionary measure. Reportedly krishna District Collector Mohammad Imtiaz in a teleconference with officials while reviewing the flood situation urged "Do not allow any student to cross the river to reach schools”.
He said "People residing in the low-lying areas of Bhupesh Gupta Nagar, Enamalakuduru and Kumaripalem were alerted about the floods”. Earlier on Thursday, the inflow into the Pulichintala reservoir was 6.4 lakh cusecs and the inflow to Prakasam barrage stood at 4.6 lakh cusecs and on Friday morning, the water level at Prakasam barrage is above 15 feet and water is overflowing.
PM Modi addressed the nation during visit to Gujarat on 69th birthday Sources from Kevadiya stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday lauded the vision of Sardar Patel, adding the BJP led government's decision last month on Jammu and Kashmir was an inspiration from the former home minister of India. Reportedly the government on August 5 revoked
- Indian rupee fell 28 paise to 71.88 against US Dollar
- Malala Yousafzai urged UN to work towards peace in Kashmir
- Hundreds of Butterflies released by PM Modi on his Birthday
- AP CM Jagan announces Rs.10 Lakh ex-gratia for Andhra Boat tragedy victims
- Why Former TDP Leader Kodela Siva Prasad committed suicide?
- New Doubt: Kodela's Mobile Phone Missing
- On account of Aramco Refinery attack, Petrol & Diesel price may rise to Rs.5-6 per liter
- Kerala Transport Minister pens to Union Minister about increase in fines
- Will there be Lorry strike in Tamilnadu on September 19 due to hefty fines?
- PM Modi sought public to share ideas for September 22 speech at Houston 'Howdy Modi'
- New Version of Narendra Modi App launched ahead of PM Modis Birthday
- How does PM Narendra Modi's Report Card reads on his Birthday?
- Who killed Kodela?
- Remembering our PM Narendra Modi on his 69th BIRTHDAY
- This Bengaluru Man designed air conditioned helmets for bike riders