Reportedly Airline industry took a severe beating last year primarily due to high fuel prices. In the Indian context there was a double blow since the Indian Rupee weakened against the US dollar and that resulted in a higher outgo for fuel. Meanwhile among the private airlines to have been affected, Vistara had to incur losses in the financial year ending March 2019, which was double of what the company had reported in 2018.
Furthermore this is being attributed to the above two causes of higher fuel price and the Rupee-dollar exchange rate. Vistara is a joint venture between Tata Group and singapore Airlines. Perhaps to quantify these, the price of aviation turbine fuel or ATF increased 23% during the last financial year when compared to the previous 12 months. Fuel cost is a key component in the operations of airlines and is fixed irrespective of whether the flights take off with seats full or empty.
Moreover the only saving grace for the airlines is that the current situation is far improved from those days and oil prices are holding steady if not dropping. Hence Vistara has confirmed that the closure of Jet Airways has helped it with some of the premium and business class passengers making a shift towards the airline and the busiest route in india, the delhi-mumbai sector is where Vistara operates 14 flights daily and it will definitely show much better performance this year.
YSR Congress Still Enjoying Cordial Relations with BJP in Delhi? Even though the State BJP Leaders are after the State Government with daggers, it looks like BJP and YSR Congress are having cordial relations at the Center. YSR Congress Rajya Sabha MP V Vijayasai Reddy has been appointed as the chairman of the Parliamentary Standing Committee, Commerce. This is an example of that.
- Is Swami Chinmayananad ready for SIT questioning?
- PM Modi makes his visit to US from September 21 to 27
- HC orders for ex-gratia of Rs.5 Lakh to family of Subhashree
- Is Jet Airways insolvency case moving in positive direction?
- Will PM Modi accept suggestions given by Manmohan Singh in reviving economy?
- MK Stalin asks DMK members not to put hoardings after death of Subhashree
- Will there be indefinite strike by Bank Unions?
- What Revanth Reddy thinks about Pawan Kalyan?
- P Chidambaram moved an application to surrender to ED in INX media case
- 5 Acres of Land gifted to PV Sindhu by AP CM Jagan Mohan Reddy
- PM Modi inaugurated Series of Welfare Schemes at Ranchi
- UK Work Visa Rule relaxed for Indian students
- 23 year old techie, run over by tanker after an AIADMK hoarding fell on her
- 5% Tariff hike on Chinese imports imposed by Trump
- DDCA renamed Feroz Shah Kotla stadium