Meanwhile terming the heavy monsoon rains and floods in two thirds of Karnataka the worst in 45 years, Chief Minister B.S. Yeddyurappa said he would seek more central funds for speeding up relief works in the affected regions to mitigate the hardship of the people. Yeddyurappa said in his 73rd Independence Day (I-Day) address at the Manekshaw parade ground in the city amid tight security "I will seek more central aid for relief works in 22 districts across the state, which were lashed by torrential rains and flooded by rivers in spate and heavy discharge of water from reservoirs in the catchment areas”.
Furthermore the chief minister is scheduled to meet Prime Minister Narendra modi and other ministers in New delhi on Friday for seeking additional funds and other central assistance to restore normalcy in the flood-hit areas at the earliest. Even though modi sanctioned last week Rs 200 crore from the Prime Minister's relief fund for rescue and relief operations in the flood hit state, the amount is not enough to meet the cost of restoring normalcy and rebuilding houses and farmlands, damaged or destroyed by the rain waters and flood fury over the last fortnight.
The CM lamented "Ironically, the country's second semi-arid state is caught between acute drought and severe flood due to various factors, including climate change and global warming”. Moreover nearly 22 of the 30 districts across the coastal, central and northwest regions of the state are facing floods, while 5 districts in the southern region are in a drought like situation due to deficit rainfall.
Image of 'dune fields' covering surface during winter looks like ice cream Reportedly from all earlier pictures released by different space organizations of Mars, we can sort of agree that the planet is pretty much lined with variety of textures. Meanwhile another image of the planet has been recently released by the European Space Agency and Roscosmos ExoMars
- Pon Radhakrishnan advocated for recognition of Tamil as national language
- Skeletal body found in Nagarjuna's Farm House been traced
- Singareni Collieries Workers Diwali gift from Telangana CM
- Houston weather update ahead of PM Narendra Modi's Howdy Modi
- Why this TN Man garlanded Periyar poster with slippers & throw Cow dung on it?
- State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel
- T govt welcomes FMs steps on economy
- Cong infighting continues, more leaders support Uttam
- SBI Chairman says large reduction in corporate taxes the boldest reform in last 28 years
- Will curb on pvt practice end patients woes?
- Revolutionizing IoT to Build a Smart Nationa with LoRaWAN - The Things Conference India 2019
- High-level panel to monitor works in Naxal-hit areas