Reportedly as the global automotive climate shifts towards clean and eco-friendly alternatives to internal combustion engines (ICE), the Indian Government also have been passing regulations and encouraging electric vehicles in the country. Meanwhile the recent cut in GST rates and the FAME II scheme hints at an imminent electric revolution that stands before the Indian automotive industry.
Furthermore in light of slowing automotive sales in the country, auto giants have been addressing the government's lack of action towards resolving the issue. Furthermore the auto industry has been opposing a proposal by Niti Aayog to push for full conversion to EVs for ICE three-wheelers by 2023 and two-wheelers with engine capacity of 150cc or below by 2025, saying a transition was completely uncalled for and could jeopardize the industry.
Moreover Prime Minister Narendra modi assured that conventional engine vehicles and electric vehicles (EVs) can co-exist in india, saying it would encourage investment and job creation in future. Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM) President Rajan Wadhera said the assurance is completely in-line with SIAM's recommendations that all relevant technologies should co-exist in india's journey towards sustainable mobility which instills confidence to the industry to get going.
Why Former TDP Leader Kodela Siva Prasad committed suicide? According to sources former Speaker and senior TDP leader Kodela Siva Prasad has committed suicide. Kodela had hanged self at his residence in Hyderabad. Meanwhile he was rushed to Basavatarakam cancer hospital in Banjara Hills. Kodela's condition is said to be serious. Despite treatment by specialists, Kodela succumbed and breathed his last.
- New Doubt: Kodela's Mobile Phone Missing
- On account of Aramco Refinery attack, Petrol & Diesel price may rise to Rs.5-6 per liter
- Kerala Transport Minister pens to Union Minister about increase in fines
- Will there be Lorry strike in Tamilnadu on September 19 due to hefty fines?
- PM Modi sought public to share ideas for September 22 speech at Houston 'Howdy Modi'
- New Version of Narendra Modi App launched ahead of PM Modis Birthday
- How does PM Narendra Modi's Report Card reads on his Birthday?
- Who killed Kodela?
- Remembering our PM Narendra Modi on his 69th BIRTHDAY
- This Bengaluru Man designed air conditioned helmets for bike riders
- Kamal Hassan slams Amit Shah's One Language One Nation remark
- Golden toilet stolen from magnificent home in England
- P Chidambaram turned 74 in Tihar Jail
- Why J&K Governor met PM Narendra Modi?
- Leopard enters house in Karnataka village, takes away Dog