Reportedly the celestial body is currently on an evasive path, which means it will fly past our planet unless some anomalous factors come into play. Meanwhile NASA's Center for Near Earth Object Studies (CNEOS) has revealed that the 1998 OR2 asteroid has an estimated diameter of 13,500 feet and is expected to fly past the Earth on April 29, 2020, at 5:56am EDT (3:26pm IST). Furthermore on its nearest point, the asteroid will be at a distance of approximately 0.04205 astronomical units or around 3.9 million miles from our planet's centre.
Furthermore the asteroid's course can be altered due to a couple of phenomena and it might eventually crash into Earth. Perhaps the first one is the Yarkovsky effect which is known to affect the semi-major axis of asteroids and can be defined as the consequential force exerted on a celestial body due to changes in the temperature of a body due to external or internally-generated radiation and just to give an idea of how dangerous this asteroid is, well, it is known to be one of the brightest and largest potentially hazardous asteroids known to exist.
Moreover the second factor that could lead to the catastrophic asteroid collision event is trajectory disturbance caused by gravitational keyhole. Hence the latter can be described as a small region in space around a planet where the planet's gravity can alter the orbit of a passing spatial body such as an asteroid and pulls it inwards, leading to a collision. Perhaps aside from the tectonic damage caused by the 1998 OR2, the impact would also severely alter the weather and atmospheric conditions of the planet.
Nirmala Seetharaman said Centre asked PSBs to Lend More New Delhi sources stated that after reviewing the health of the public sector banks (PSBs) with their chiefs, Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman on Thursday said the Centre has asked all PSBs to lend more. Meanwhile in a move provide more credit to borrowers, including homebuyers and farmers, she said PSBs would hold ‘shamiana meetings’ with non-banking financial companies
- How Sekhar Reddy Managed To Comeback to TTD Board?
- Transferring Money through IMPS is the Best Platform across Globe
- Andhra Pradesh boat accident: Toll reaches 11 after tourist vessel capsized in Godavari River; rescue ops to resume today
- Naidu requests CBI test in conditions prompting ex-Andhra Pradesh speaker's suicide
- Now (SCCL) Telangana company is giving Rs 1.01 lakh Dussera bonus to every employee
- CHANCES OF HEAVY RAINS OVER TELANGANA AND ANDHRA PRADESH TODAY
- A student ended up in a hospital after a Jackpot scuffle in 652 357 rupees.
- Orange Alert Today in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana
- P Chidambaram complaints about various ailments, No Chair No Pillow in Tihar Jail
- Is banning banner culture not an easy task in Tamilnadu?
- Nationwide strike by Tamilnadu Truckers against MV Act
- BJP Leader Swami Chinmayanand arrested in rape case
- Telangana high court slaps 50,000 rs fine for false petition
- Naidu wants CBI to probe Kodelas suicide.
- We are doing our best to control viral fever epidemic in state