According to sources commuters using Chennai Metro Rail would soon be able to buy food and beverages from the outlets in the station premises using their Metro travel card. Meanwhile this plan, as per report comes closely on the heels of Chennai Metro Rail Limited (CMRL) accepting parking payments through metro cards.
Furthermore the intention of launching this service is to enable people to swipe their travel cards at the outlets of popular eateries in busy stations like Alandur and Koyambedu and it is also targeted at saving time for commuters who are in a rush. Further the decision to integrate food and beverage purchase with the metro card comes at a time when the CMRL is negotiating to introduce the metro card as a common mobility card in Chennai, which would help users travel in any mode of public transport with the same card as a payment option.
Moreover the CMRL is reportedly in talks with the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (MTC) and Southern Railway which operates the suburban and the MRTS train services between Velachery and Chennai Beach and trial runs between metro services and MTC using the smart card have been successful. Apparently the CMRL introduced feeder services at a flat rate of Rs 10 between metro stations and various pickup points in the city within a radius of 6-8 kilometres from the stations and will have at least five pickup points.
State moves to stall auction of prime Jagir land in Hafeezpet Hyderabad: An interesting legal battle has unfolded in Hafeezpet with the government locking horns with a financial institution over eight acres of prime land, which once belonged to the Paigah nobles, and is now up for auction.
- Uber ride request not been fulfilled during peak hours in Bengaluru
- Exempt from court presence: Jagan
- Parents of CBIT students take fee woes to panel
- T govt welcomes FMs steps on economy
- Cong infighting continues, more leaders support Uttam
- SBI Chairman says large reduction in corporate taxes the boldest reform in last 28 years
- Will curb on pvt practice end patients woes?
- Revolutionizing IoT to Build a Smart Nationa with LoRaWAN - The Things Conference India 2019
- High-level panel to monitor works in Naxal-hit areas
- 1 more body retrieved, 3 boat owners arrested
- DMK MP slams for leaky roof in Chennai Airport
- Govt asked to take Gandi temple back under its fold
- Apartments vacated after building develops cracks
- Conditions diluted to favour contractor
- Jagan Proves Right, Cost Saving Begins in Polavaram Reverse Tendering