YSR Congress government in Andhra Pradesh faces an uphill task of raising the additional resources to pool in the series of sops announced during last two-and-half months needing a whopping Rs 50,000 crore. But the State Government is already suffering from a Revenue Deficit of 45000 Crore. To meet the resources, the state government has set different start dates for various welfare schemes so as to ease the burden.
On the other side, analysts say that the government has taken controversial decisions like reserving 75 percent jobs for locals in all industries, review of Power Purchase Agreements and terminating one of the contracts for Polavaram project which has affected the confidence of the investors and is also likely to impact the efforts to generate revenues.
With development of state capital Amaravati no longer a priority for the government and the works awarded to various companies coming to a halt, investors may be reluctant to put in their money. Even though, Chief Minister, YS jagan Mohan Reddy is trying to stay in the good books of the Central Government. The latter is in no mood to assist the State Government in any way.
Telangana outsmarts Andhra Pradesh in innovation Telangana is adjusted as 4th most innovative state overall in the country, it has outsmarted neighbouring state Andhra comprehensively, the latter state stood at 10th position according to NITI Aayog annual report. NITI (National institute of Transforming India) Aayog has released its annual report of Innovation index ranking to the states, according to the report, Telangana state is at 4th position overall in the country, Karnataka clinched first position, followed by Tamil Nadu, and Maha
- Pawan Kalyan Chalo Vizag on November 3rd
- Public sector banks planned for a strike on October 22
- Janasena MLA seeking to jump ship to YSRCP ?
- Normal life hit in Hyderabad due to RTC shutdown
- Stamp on HDFC Bank passbook caused panic among many customers
- IT leaves the DOTs without connect in statement!
- Chennai Metro hiked tanker price
- 60 Lakhs For Every Jagan's Hyderabad Visit for Cases?
- Will Mother Dairy sell tomatoes at Rs.55 per Kg or below?
- CM Jagan's focus is to make AP healthier
- Kerala's Kairali TV launches Jolly murder case as Solly serial killer
- NASA makes record with 2 Women astronaut spacewalk for first time
- PM Modi expressed confidence that BJP will break all victory records in Maharashtra Assembly elections
- SC reserved judgment on bail plea of P Chidambaram
- Madras HC reserves order in the release of Bigil