According to sources an analysis of the heavy rainfall reported Karnataka received 279% more than normal rainfall between August 3 and 10, the highest recorded in the state in 118 years and the rainfall led to 'unprecedented' floods and landslides in 21 of the 30 districts in the state, which took the lives of 61 people while 15 are still missing.
Furthermore confirmed an official from the Karnataka State Natural Disaster Monitoring Centre (KSNDMC) that the heavy rainfall led to a high inflow of up to 6 lakh cusecs of water into the Krishna river, leading to floods in the northern Karnataka districts of Belagavi, Bagalkot, Raichur and Yadgir. "The inflow is one of the highest recorded in the state," and the disaster body is preparing a detailed report on the rainfall in the state this month. The statistics related to the rain was confirmed by KSNDMC.
Moreover Karnataka Chief Minister BS Yediyurappa apprised Prime Minister Narendra modi about the floods in Karnataka and appealed for funds to be released immediately from the Central government. Perhaps the damage due to the floods has been estimated at Rs. 40,000 crores and also heavy rains caused floods and landslides in the three coastal districts Uttara Kannada, Udupi and Dakshina Kannada and in four Malnad districts Kodagu, Chikkamagaluru, Shivamogga and Hassan.
A decomposed body of an unidentified person found in Nagarjuna's Farm House Reportedly a highly decomposed body of an unidentified person was found in the premises of popular actor Akkineni Nagarjuna's farmhouse in Papireddyguda in Telangana's Rangareddy district on Wednesday. Meanwhile the farmhouse falls under the jurisdiction of the Keshampet police and investigation officials who recovered the body, suspect that the death could have taken place six months ago and the police suspect that the death could be a suicide.
- Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34
- Kaleshwaram added another feather to cap
- How emotional Balayya has bond with Kodela?
- Mumbai along with south peninsula will receive heavy rains for next three days: IMD
- E-cigarettes banned by government stops production completely: Nirmala Sitaraman
- Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru sold for Rs.2700 Crore by Coffee Day
- Petrol prices increased in Major cities after attack on Saudi refinery
- MK Stalin consoled Subhasri"s parents
- Do you know which is India second IT Firm?
- E-Cigarettes will be banned and no production: FM
- PoK belongs to India, we will take possession: EAM Jaishankar
- CBN demands CBI investigation for death of Kodela Siva Prasad