United Nations sources stated that the UN Security Council (UNSC) is to hold closed door consultations on the Kashmir developments on Friday at the request of china, a diplomat at the Security Council told on Thursday. The diplomat said that china’s request for the meeting was made in a letter and came up during the Council’s informal consultations on Wednesday.
The format of the meeting as a closed door consultation would preclude pakistan participating in it, the diplomat said. As a closed door meeting, the consultation’s proceedings would be secret, without being broadcast or accessible to reporters. china wanted the consultations to take place on Thursday, but since the schedule was already set for the day without any meetings, it was to be taken up on Friday, the diplomat said.
The diplomat said that the office of the Security Council President Joanna Wronecka of poland was working out the details for holding the meeting and when it was to be held. pakistan had asked for a meeting of the UNSC on Kashmir following india’s decision to rescind Articles 370 and 35A of its Constitution that gave Jammu and Kashmir a special status. Except for china, all the other four permanent members of the Council have openly backed New delhi’s position that disputes between india and pakistan are bilateral matters, with the US even saying that the Kashmir developments are an internal matter of india.
Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar Minister for water resources, P Anil Kumar, discounted the allegations of TDP on reverse tendering in Polavaram Project. The minister said that the YSR Congress-led state government created history by saving Rs 59 crore and asserted that it had also exposed the corrupt deals of the TDP
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video
- US President Trump to deliver 30 minutes speech at Houston
- Mexico downgraded to a tropical storm & regained hurricane strength