Reportedly the Tamilnadu government has increased the selling price of Aavin milk by Rs 6 per litre, applicable from Monday. Meanwhile the price of procurement of cow and buffalo’s milk was also increased simultaneously by Rs 4 and Rs 6 respectively and the last time the price was revised was in 2014, during former CM J Jayalalitha’s tenure.
Furthermore as per the latest revision, the price of Aavin Nice (blue sachet; toned milk) has been increased from Rs 37 to Rs 43 per litre, Aavin Diet (magenta sachet; double toned) from Rs 34 to Rs 40, Aavin Green Magic (green sachet; standardized milk) from Rs 41 to Rs 47 and Aavin Premium (orange sachet; full cream milk) from Rs 45 to Rs 51 per litre. Apparently the price for procurement of cow’s milk has been increased from Rs 28 to Rs 32, and the price for buffalo’s milk has been increased from Rs 35 to Rs 41.
Moreover AMMK leader TTV Dhinakaran called for the price hike to be revoked. He tweeted “It is possible to increase procurement prices without increasing selling price by regulating administrative malpractice and by proper functioning of the milk producers’ union”. Chief Minister Edappadi K Palaniswami had hinted at the price hike in the Assembly last month. “Considering the condition of the dairy farmers, this government will hike the procurement prices for milk producers. Likewise, the milk prices for consumers will be increased so that milk cooperative societies do not suffer losses”.
Bathukamma saree distribution starts in Telangana The flagship scheme of distributing sarees on bathukamma festival is initiative of KCR to gift sarees to the women of Telangana, as well as to strengthen financial condition of weavers.IT and textile minister KT Rama rao said that, by ordering one crore sarees for distribution on bathukamma festival has strengthened the financial condition of weavers in the state. He also said,government is mulling on idea of placing order for uniforms of singereni collieries and TSRTC to weavers, so that their
- Man fell in open storm water drain in Hyderabad
- Why Jagan has worried on EENADU story?
- PM Narendra Modi this gesture surprised many
- Phone Booths restored in Kashmir
- Ex-Officials slams Sivan as ISRO Changes success rates of Chandrayaan 2 everyday
- 71st Emmy Awards saw numerous nods to stars from across the pond
- Will 5G bring better experiences for smart phone users in future?
- Thomas Cook Company moves to compulsory liquidation with immediate effect
- Will banner culture be eliminated in Tamilnadu after death of Subhasri?
- Traffic fines reduced as per MV Act by Karnataka Govt
- Will Chennai get a new airport due to heavy Air Traffic?
- വിദേശ രാജ്യങ്ങളിൽ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി നരേന്ദ്രമോദി ബഹുമാനം അർഹിക്കുന്നു: ശശി തരൂർ
- Will Corporate tax rate cut likely to attract Foreign firms to India?
- Countdown Begins to Demolish Chandrababu's House
- Vizag MLAs gave clear SAND picture to Vijayasai Reddy!