Kabul sources stated that joy and celebration turned into horror and carnage when a suicide bomber targeted a packed Afghan wedding hall, killing at least 63 people in the deadliest attack to rock Kabul in months. Meanwhile the blast, which took place late Saturday in west Kabul, came as Washington and the Taliban finalize a deal to reduce the US military presence in afghanistan and hopefully build a road map to a ceasefire.
Reportedly the groom, who only gave his name as Mirwais, recalled greeting smiling guests in the afternoon, before seeing their bodies being carried out hours later. Mirwais told local TV station Tolo News The attack "changed my happiness to sorrow". Rahimi said "My family, my bride are in shock, they cannot even speak. My bride keeps fainting". "I lost my brother, I lost my friends, I lost my relatives. I will never see happiness in my life again." Interior ministry spokesman Nasrat Rahimi said at least 63 people had been killed and 182 injured. "Among the wounded are women and children".
Moreover Afghan weddings are epic and vibrant affairs, with hundreds or often thousands of guests celebrating for hours inside industrial-scale wedding halls where the men are usually segregated from the women and children. Reportedly the wedding guests were dancing and celebrating the party when the blast happened, recounted Munir Ahmad, 23, who was seriously injured and whose cousin was among the dead.
Tourists Boat capsized in Godavari River, Rescue operations going on According to sources it was stated that two helicopters and eight boats were pressed into rescue and search operation early morning on Monday in the incident in which a tourist boat ferrying 61 passengers capsized in Godavari River near Devipatnam on Sunday afternoon. Meanwhile as many as 11 people have reportedly lost their lives in the accident.
- Donald Trump be addressing Houston rally 'Howdy, Modi' alongside PM Modi on September 22
- Kodela's Death Due to Heart Attack or Suicide?
- NASA trying to establish communication with Vikram Lander
- Kodela Siva Prasad Rao passes away!
- Lions found roaming freely in city of Junagadh Gujarat
- Hyderabad cops giving helmet instead of challan
- Which is dead project? Amaravati or Kaleswaram!
- Why Mumbai IT gives notices to Mukesh Ambani's family under Black Money Act?
- Osama Bin Laden's Son's death confirmed by Trump
- Kollywood Actors asks Fans not to keep hoardings during Movie release
- Confederation of All India Traders claims festive sales ban of Amazon & Flipkart
- Aadhaar authentication or physical verification mandatory for new dealers from January 2020
- 3400 illegal hoardings removed in Chennai after the death of Subhashree
- WhatsApp helpline Services soon in Hyderabad Metro
- Kerala's CPI (M) & Congress voiced their opposition against One Language One Nation