New delhi sources stated that Prime Minister Narendra modi will visit the Gulf nations of United Arab Emirates and bahrain on 23-25 August, india’s foreign ministry said, as New delhi strives to sustain the tempo of bilateral relations with the economically and politically critical region. Meanwhile the two visits come as tensions are on the rise between india and pakistan over the issue of New delhi revoking a provision in its Constitution that gave a special status to Jammu and Kashmir.
Furthermore the uae has supported india’s position in the matter a far cry from the days the Emirate supported pakistan on such issues. Reportedly pakistan has been trying to drum up support for its Kashmir argument among the Organization of Islamic Cooperation that groups together 57 Muslim majority countries and india has been consistently criticized by the OIC for its alleged human rights violations in Kashmir, often seen at the behest of pakistan.
Moreover the foreign ministry statement said modi’s first stop will be the uae on 23-24 August where he will meet the Crown Prince of Abu Dhabi, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan to discuss bilateral, regional and international matters of mutual interest. Apparently annual bilateral trade between india and the uae stood at about $60 billion and the uae was india’s third largest trade partner. Hence the uae is also a key source of energy for india, being the fourth-largest exporter of crude oil for india.
Kerala Transport Minister pens to Union Minister about increase in fines Sources from Thiruvananthapuram stated that Kerala Transport Minister AK Saseendran will write to Union Minister Nitin Gadkari, for more clarity on the increase in fines under the amended Motor Vehicles Act 2019. He told reporters "We are prepared to wait for some more days until there is clarity on the issue from the Centre".
- Will there be Lorry strike in Tamilnadu on September 19 due to hefty fines?
- PM Modi sought public to share ideas for September 22 speech at Houston 'Howdy Modi'
- New Version of Narendra Modi App launched ahead of PM Modis Birthday
- How does PM Narendra Modi's Report Card reads on his Birthday?
- Who killed Kodela?
- Remembering our PM Narendra Modi on his 69th BIRTHDAY
- This Bengaluru Man designed air conditioned helmets for bike riders
- Kamal Hassan slams Amit Shah's One Language One Nation remark
- Golden toilet stolen from magnificent home in England
- P Chidambaram turned 74 in Tihar Jail
- Why J&K Governor met PM Narendra Modi?
- Leopard enters house in Karnataka village, takes away Dog
- Flood alert given to 4, 400 areas in Tamilnadu
- Subhasri's Mother demands action for the death of her daughter
- NASA probe to fly over Vikram landing site on Moon