Reportedly the Indian Air Force launched a daring rescue mission on Monday afternoon after four men were caught in an overflowing river in Jammu and Kashmir. Meanwhile the men were rescued from near an under-construction bridge over the Tawi river, which flows through Jammu. Furthermore two of the men rescued sought refuge on a pier attached to one of the under-construction bridge's pillars and dramatic visuals from the river side showed the men swimming in the river and climbing on to the pier to save themselves from getting swept away in the flowing river.
Reportedly, the men were in the river to fish and a sudden increase in the river's flow due to heavy rains led to the men getting stranded in the river. Further an Indian Air Force helicopter was immediately pressed into service to rescue the men and the IAF chopper made attempts to rescue the men but was initially unable to do so.
Moreover two of the four men somehow managed to swim to the river's bank and to safety and the two other men were unable to reach the bank and instead swam to a pier attached to one of the pillars of bridge being constructed over the Tawi river. Apparently the IAF crew member is then seen gesturing to the pilot of the helicopter, after which the men are pulled up to safety. Hence the rope is lowered again to pull up the IAF crew member, bringing daring and heroic rescue mission to a successful end.
Land acquisition for Salur bypass speeded up Visakhapatnam: The land acquisition process for the proposed Salur bypass project is being speeded up with another four acres of land remaining to be acquired. The National Highway (NH)-43, which passes through Salur town in Vizianagaram district, has been a traffic choke point for over two decades due to heavy vehicular movement along the road.
- Big eye-screening drive across the state from Oct 10
- Reverse tendering has exposed TDP govts corruption: Anil Kumar
- Andhra Pradesh govt serves fresh notice for removal of bungalow being used by Chandrababu Naidu
- Security to be enhanced further at RGIA
- Petrol price hiked by 27 paise to Rs 73.62 a litre in Delhi
- At Howdy Modi Event Modi called US President Trump his true friend
- Dams are 85% full in India owing to good monsoon rainfall
- Owaisi slams center on slashing corporate tax
- Petrol burns a hole in the pocket, price raised for six consecutive days.
- Is Online Movie ticket sales banned in Telangana?
- Will traffic fines be reduced in Kerala?
- Will AP former CM CBNs house be demolished within 7 days?
- Next Moon Mission by ISRO by 2020
- Why Imran Khan reached US in Saudi Prince's Special aircraft?
- This Telangana Man drowned in stream while taking TikTok Video