Reportedly Union Home Minister amit shah, on Sunday, said the politics of appeasement, which led to the Partition, was the reason for the continuance of the "evil practice" of triple talaq for so long. When speaking at an event here, Shah defended the law criminalizing triple talaq, saying it is going to benefit Muslims, and not other communities. Coming down heavily on the Congress, he said the party has "no shame" and continues to oppose the law on triple talaq.
Shah the president said "The election of Narendra modi as Prime Minister in 2014 was the beginning of the end of politics of appeasement and the 2019 mandate is to end it forever". Furthermore he was speaking on 'Abolition of Triple Talaq: Correcting a Historic Wrong' at an event organized by the Syama prasad Mookerjee Research Foundation here.
Moreover the legislation to criminalize instant triple talaq was passed by Parliament in the last session.
Pakistan disallows to use its airspace for PM Modi Sources from New Delhi stated that Prime Minister Narendra Modi will not fly over Pakistan on his way to the United States to attend the United Nations General Assembly later this month. Reportedly Pakistan Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi, on Wednesday, announced that Islamabad had declined Indian request to seek permission to cross Pakistani airspace.
- Delhi Court put up Unnao rape case for further hearing on September 24
- Kodela Siva Prasad's last rites held without state honors
- AP boat tragedy death toll rises to 34
- Kaleshwaram added another feather to cap
- How emotional Balayya has bond with Kodela?
- Mumbai along with south peninsula will receive heavy rains for next three days: IMD
- E-cigarettes banned by government stops production completely: Nirmala Sitaraman
- Global Village Tech Park in Bengaluru sold for Rs.2700 Crore by Coffee Day
- Petrol prices increased in Major cities after attack on Saudi refinery
- MK Stalin consoled Subhasri"s parents
- Do you know which is India second IT Firm?
- E-Cigarettes will be banned and no production: FM
- PoK belongs to India, we will take possession: EAM Jaishankar
- CBN demands CBI investigation for death of Kodela Siva Prasad
- Rajinikanth says Amit Shah's common language can't be imposed in India