hyderabad sources reported that hyderabad City Police Commissioner Anjani Kumar warned anti-social elements of taking advantage of the upcoming Ganesh Chathurthi celebrations and indulge in extortion. Meanwhile he said such anti-social elements will be firmly dealt with under law. Ganesh Chathurthi festivities will commence in the twin cities on September 2 and go on till September 12.
Furthermore organizers in charge of conducting these celebrations across the twin cities collect funds from local residents. Perhaps this gives scope for anti-social elements to misuse the occasion and extort money from people including businessmen, in the name of Ganesh festival. Reportedly Anjani Kumar requested those subjected to such extortion in the name of 'chanda' or donation, to come forward and complain to the police.
Moreover the Police Commissioner also clarified that it was imperative to obtain police permission to set up a Ganesh pandal. Hence applications for the same would be available from September 22 to 26, he said, adding that the filled in applications should be submitted in the local police station before September 29, along with the relevant documents including NOC. Apparently police would spell out guidelines to be followed, and said that permissions would be accorded only if the applications were in line with the guidelines. The police commissioner commented that organizers would be allowed to use only box type speakers from 6 am to 10 pm at the mandal.
Will Chennai get a new airport due to heavy Air Traffic? After several years of discussions, talks on a second airport in Chennai may finally bear fruit with the state government short listing six new locations for the same. Meanwhile the newly shortlisted locations for a second city airport included Thiruporur, Cheyyar, Vallathur, Thodur, Maduramangalam and Mappedu.
- വിദേശ രാജ്യങ്ങളിൽ പ്രധാനമന്ത്രി നരേന്ദ്രമോദി ബഹുമാനം അർഹിക്കുന്നു: ശശി തരൂർ
- Will Corporate tax rate cut likely to attract Foreign firms to India?
- Countdown Begins to Demolish Chandrababu's House
- Vizag MLAs gave clear SAND picture to Vijayasai Reddy!
- This Former Hyderabad HC Judge seen harassing his Daughter-in Law
- Girls speak up, bring abusers to book after SHE Team drive
- 659 Crore Savings from Polavaram Reverse Tendering
- Chinmayanand Case came for hearing to Allahabad HC
- Hyderabad Teenage guy drive Zoomcar, killed 2
- KT Rama Rao, Mallu Bhatti Vikramarka in war of words over ITIR
- Telangana HC chief justices initiative to work on holidays: Two benches to hear criminal matters
- Telangana: 1st ever Saturday court to dispose of criminal cases
- Narendra Modi addressed 50,000 Indian-Americans in Houston
- Huzurnagar byelection: High-stakes battle for Congress and TRS
- Sonia Gandhi & Manmohan Singh visited Tihar Jail to see P Chidambaram